The first video assignment I did this week was to make a compilation video. It was worth 3.5 stars. The assignment was to pick a theme, download multiple videos from YouTube that fit that theme, clip the videos, put them together, and ass music. My first thought was a video of great volleyball plays, but when I googled this it just came up with a bunch of compilation videos. So I decided to go a different route. My two ideas were Disney kisses or most important moments or the most tragic movie deaths. Well I decided to do a compilation video of most memorable movie deaths and I figured the best starting place would be a Buzzfeed article of movie deaths. However, Buzzfeed really let me down.
So I went to my second option Twitter with use to have a hashtag #fictionaldeathsIwillnevergetover. So I got some inspiration from that:
- I am Legend- dog
- Marley and Me- Marley
- Bridge to Terabithia- girl
- Harry Potter- Dobby, Dumbledore
- Hunger Games- Rue
- Titanic- Jack
- Remember Me
- Fault in our stars- Augustus Waters
- The Boy in the striped PJs
- The notebook
- A walk to remember
I then looked up google videos of these death scenes. Which was actually kinda hard to find. For the ones I found I converted them so I could download them from YouTube, then I dropped it into Movavi Video Editor, and cropped the scenes. I was so use to working with Audacity that I kept trying to do things the way I could with that program. Once I had all the videos cropped I muted the videos and added a sad song.
I then exported and uploaded it to Vimeo- again I wanted to use audio technology and went to SoundCloud first. Vimeo took ages to upload and process the video, it was only 3 and a half minutes long. However, I then found out that it was uploading a 15 minute file. So it was uploading the part i posted plus 11 and a half more minutes of nothing. I tried to fix it using various tools and How To pages, however none of them worked. So now I have to figure out how to change this.
So I’m going to try another program called Filmora.
Which gave me more problems. And now I’m starting to stress how I’m going to finish my work with no program and I’m wishing I had a Mac where it just came with bomb video editing tools, although personally I don’t like Macs and I love my computer.
I tried retrying multiple times, I tried ignoring, and then finally I aborted and downloaded it again and WAHLAHH it worked!
So I finally got it to work and brought the video I made in the other program to this new program in hopes of saving it as a 3 minute video instead of longer. I then exported it, uploaded to Vimeo, and crossed my fingers. It ended up being the right length. The problem though was that I now had water marks for two different programs and the watermark for the second program was huge and right across the whole screen, where the other one just pops up momentarily a couple times. So I’m posting both videos just with the first one it says it’s 15 minutes but its not.
And here’s the one that is the right time, but has a HUGE watermark.