I decided to do the same thing I did when evaluating Wacky History‘s radio show. For their radio show I took notes during it and then answered the questions provided. This radio show is called 9 Lives and it is put on by the Grumpy Desperadoes.
Thoughts during the show
- Background sound effects good
- A little too loud
- transition was not clear- needed to be faded in and out
- Miles- History
- Not sure if sound was Miles moving or sound effect..
- Bland voice
- background music good volume
- Possibly a little distracting
- Good choice of music
- Long pauses in between talking about different things
- A lot of just talking- I’m kinda bored
- good sound effects
- Kelsey and Sean-Stories
- Good volume
- Like the sound effects
- War sounds
- Door opening
- Creepy music
- Church music
- Choir music
- Pouring drink
- Two people talking back and forth make in more interesting
- Sean- “large red marks” like the low volume
- Kelsey- “Wow that really” is really low (faded out at the wrong time)
- Music in between stories good
- After the moon arising- choppy editing
- Hank song, London Bridge good fading
- Sean talking about the 2 boys in the room lower compare to other music
- Monster story- good tones and voices
- Sean stumbling/rushing in monster story
- Cat 9 lives- clever song
- Really like the bumper
- Good music
- Good spooky music
- Happy halloween song
- Creepy music
- Andrew- Costumes
- I like the beginning sounds
- Hard to hear him
- I like the countdown- smart idea
- Like how he commented on the costumes- gave opinions
- REALLY hard to hear!!
- Music is distracting
- So hard to hear
- Good transition to Adam
- Like beginning sounds
- Good description
- Background music good
- Somewhat distracting
- A little too loud
- drowns out speaker
- Not really an ending..
- Quality of audio sound -e.g. is the volume appropriate? are the levels even? Is the sound clear, and free of noises not needed (e.g. mouse clicks, background noise)?
Adam and Andrew’s sections were hard to hear. Adam’s was only hard to hear at parts, but Andrew’s was almost impossible to hear.
- Quality of audio editing – use of effects, transitions, are the edits clean?
Lots of effects- enhanced the enjoy-ability of the show- made it more interesting. Some transitions weren’t clean- more towards the beginning.
Use of sound effects- how are they used? Is it effective?
Sound effects were used very well, probably one of the bests parts of the show. Sounds were used to enhance stories.
- Use of music- how is it used? Is it effective or distracting?
Just hard to hear Adam and Andrews. Miles was somewhat distracting. Kelsey and Sean had some that wasn’t edited as well as it could have been. Overall the music was effective. It was used for transitions and background noise.
- Does the show have a structure? Is it cohesive or does it feel stitched together?
The show has a very good structure, with good transitions. People don’t just start talking, they’re introduced.
- Does it tell a story effectively? Is there a sense of drama, unknown? Does it draw you in to listen?
Tells a good story. Creative and interesting topic. The only segment that got a little boring was history, it could have used some sound effects in the background. Drawn in to listen.
- If you would rate this radio show, how many stars out of five would you give to the show
This radio show could have been a 4.5 star however, because of the volume at some points I’d have to give it 4 stars.